performance automotive in india
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only site dedicated to improving performance in Indian cars

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nano to cabriolette

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
multijet

Nano to cabriolette Empty
PostSubject: Nano to cabriolette   Nano to cabriolette I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:39 pm

How this could be done,i.e Nano to cabriolette .does it demands additional stiffening of the doors and bottom of chasis? (Nano is monocoque)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[url=https://i.servimg.com/u/f14/17/53/98/20/nano10.jpg][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

PostSubject: Re: Nano to cabriolette   Nano to cabriolette I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 8:24 am

It would suffer from a lot of chassis flex if not being stiffened. Also it would need a strengthened A-pillar. The dorrs would not need strengthening.

This all being done I can believe it would sell.
Back to top Go down
multijet

PostSubject: Re: Nano to cabriolette   Nano to cabriolette I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Nano fan wrote:
It would suffer from a lot of chassis flex if not being stiffened. Also it would need a strengthened A-pillar. The dorrs would not need strengthening.

This all being done I can believe it would sell.
How far it could be doable in Fiat punto India (I just love the weight reduction possibility bounce )
Back to top Go down
multijet

PostSubject: Re: Nano to cabriolette   Nano to cabriolette I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:20 am

How is stiffening done to monocoque chasis, what components are are used and which areas for same?
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

PostSubject: Re: Nano to cabriolette   Nano to cabriolette I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 pm

multijet wrote:
How is stiffening done to monocoque chasis, what components are are used and which areas for same?

Unfortunately turning a monocoque into a convertible or cabriolet is not reducing the weight. It usually means the csr is getting heavier.

To achieve the stiffness close to the one of tghe original car a lot of strengthening has to be welded in.

Also measures have to be taken to guarantee safety when the car is being rolled as well as stiffening that the car in an impact does not just fold.

The Nano in the above picture looks good, but the impact safety is now less than that of a bath tub, which is rather worrying.
Back to top Go down
multijet

PostSubject: Re: Nano to cabriolette   Nano to cabriolette I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:51 am

In short , it is not practical from amateur modifier's point.

Better left to manufacture to tweak and test it .

Thanks Nanofan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nano to cabriolette   Nano to cabriolette I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nano to cabriolette
Page 1 of 1