performance automotive in india
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only site dedicated to improving performance in Indian cars

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Turbo chargers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
multijet

Turbo chargers Empty
PostSubject: Turbo chargers   Turbo chargers I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 am

What are the aspects which controls turbo kick in ?

e.g A car gets the turbo kick at 2200rpm what parameters does it? is it the mass of the turbine or ECu ?

Can it be altered?
Back to top Go down
kaustubh_vaze

Turbo chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo chargers   Turbo chargers I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 pm

I think the Turbo kicking in is mainly dependent on the mass and force of the exhaust gases that flow through.
Bigger the turbo, higher the mass and force needed and therefore higher the RPM that it will kick in at.

Kaustubh
Back to top Go down
multijet

Turbo chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo chargers   Turbo chargers I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 6:08 pm

That sound good.

Looks like some modification in manifolds should the trick.

can we fix a Turbo charger to Tata Nano engine?

any example to quote if any ?
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

Turbo chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo chargers   Turbo chargers I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 6:59 pm

multijet wrote:
That sound good.

Looks like some modification in manifolds should the trick.

can we fix a Turbo charger to Tata Nano engine?

any example to quote if any ?

You can strap a turbo to anything. Sometimes it is just turning into a nightmare to do so.

Someone has already done a turbo conversion on the Nano. However I think there is a lot more that can be done to the Nano engine before considering force induction.

to get the most out of any turbo conversion a lot can be done without even increasing the size of the turbo.

Despite the turbo doing the work of sucking in the air it does need as little restriction as possible before as well as after the turbo. Turbulence factors have to be eliminated to guarantee maximum possible flow as much as the right size of tubing.

A lot of the intercoolers are designed poorly. This goes for OE coolers as much as for most so called performance intercoolers.

Turbo lag is not only caused by over sized turbos, but also oversized tubing as well as unnecessary length.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turbo chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo chargers   Turbo chargers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turbo chargers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
performance automotive in india :: Non make specific topics :: General performance tuning topics-
Jump to: