performance automotive in india
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only site dedicated to improving performance in Indian cars

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Torque OBD App - What each PID means?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crankysan

Torque OBD App - What each PID means? Empty
PostSubject: Torque OBD App - What each PID means?   Torque OBD App - What each PID means? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm using the Torque app to monitor the sensor readings and most of the PIDs are straight enough for my understanding but there are some which i don't. What does the following PID means? All these provide readings.

Absolute Throttle Position
Relative Throttle Position

Accelerator Pedal Position D
Accelerator Pedal Position E

Engine Load
Engine Load (Absolute)

Fuel Pressure
Fuel Rail Pressure

Voltage (Control Module)
Voltage (OBD Adapter)
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

PostSubject: Re: Torque OBD App - What each PID means?   Torque OBD App - What each PID means? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:36 pm

The absolute position is the real throttle position
The relative throttle position is the learned throttle position.

Fuel rail pressure is the pressure after the fuel regulator.

The engine load is a reference to your throttle position. When idling or off throttle the engine load is the lowest. While cruising it is usually at the lower end (depending on how fast). Under acceleration it is higher load and n full throttle the highest.

What the letters D and E designate I don't know for sure but assume that it takes both readings from the potentiometer in the throttle pedal assembly.

The voltages are displayed to makes sure that everything is running stable.
Back to top Go down
crankysan

PostSubject: Re: Torque OBD App - What each PID means?   Torque OBD App - What each PID means? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks Peter, It really helped!

I stilll have a few doubts pending:

What is the difference between engine load and absolute engine load?

Acc Pedal position D & E - what are the two readings? There should be only one potentiometer for the pedal right? The throttle is fly-by-wire.
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

PostSubject: Re: Torque OBD App - What each PID means?   Torque OBD App - What each PID means? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:21 pm

You have a learnt loading and a theoretical loading. The learning capability of the ECU alters the loading according to what it has learned.

The potentiometer has got 3 pins. Yu can use it as a simple resistor, use it as potentiometer with increasing resistance, use it with decreasing resistance or use both at the same time. Using both means you have added failure protection.
Back to top Go down
crankysan

PostSubject: Re: Torque OBD App - What each PID means?   Torque OBD App - What each PID means? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi Peter, i found out that Absolute throttle position value in percentage matched closely with the Manifold throttle position. So that confusion is over Smile

At WOT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Foot off the pedal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

PostSubject: Re: Torque OBD App - What each PID means?   Torque OBD App - What each PID means? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:56 pm

It should be reasonably close. This is all fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torque OBD App - What each PID means?   Torque OBD App - What each PID means? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torque OBD App - What each PID means?
Page 1 of 1