performance automotive in india
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only site dedicated to improving performance in Indian cars

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

From where to cut flab?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crankysan

From where to cut flab? Empty
PostSubject: From where to cut flab?   From where to cut flab? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Peter, i read the weight vs performance article written by you where you say that upto 40KG can be decreased without losing any driving comfort. Where do you suggest this weight cutting to begin?

For starters my car doesn't have a heavy ICE, it has an HU and a pair of speakers thats all, and then i removed the underhood liner as i felt it wan't doing anything except prevent the engine from being heard outside.

What next?

I need the spare wheel, its insurance in our bad roads.
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

PostSubject: Re: From where to cut flab?   From where to cut flab? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:39 pm

This is a hard one. Smile Now< I have to thin Suzuki. I will be going to a dealer and have a proper look.

However, you made a good start. You will find under the bonnet some bits and bops that are either for other models like brackets or have been left behind from assembling.

The wring loom is usually a one-fit-all one. If the car comes with more airbags than yours then there is wiring somewhere hidden. You will find plastic covers and other things in less accessible areas which aren't really needed.

Removing the exhaust and replacing it by some lighter more durable stainless steel saves quite some weight.

A lot of the bolts arefar too long, but sped up assembly in the factory.

More specific parts I have to look at the car as every model is different.

Sound deadening is another area to look at, but it will be quite some work as you have to replace it with superior materials that are lighter and then find out where no material is needed.

Back to top Go down
crankysan

PostSubject: Re: From where to cut flab?   From where to cut flab? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:34 am

Removed the parcel shelf and some stuff. The parcel shelf was making some noise anyways.
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

PostSubject: Re: From where to cut flab?   From where to cut flab? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:03 am

crankysan wrote:
Removed the parcel shelf and some stuff. The parcel shelf was making some noise anyways.

Sounds familiar. Laughing

Don't forget to weigh the parts and report about it. I use digital kitchen scale and digital scale for suitcases. Both are very accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From where to cut flab?   From where to cut flab? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From where to cut flab?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
performance automotive in india :: Non make specific topics :: General performance tuning topics-
Jump to: