performance automotive in india
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only site dedicated to improving performance in Indian cars

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

fuel tank draining

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
multijet

fuel tank draining Empty
PostSubject: fuel tank draining   fuel tank draining I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 am

Our Indian fuel is contaminated terribly!
Especially with rain water dirt and humidity. I bet they impedes optimum performance of our rides.

how to drain every drop of fuel (occasionally) from modern cars like Punto and put it back on track .let me guess I may find some water and sand partical sediments at bottom.
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

fuel tank draining Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank draining   fuel tank draining I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 11:08 am

Ususally water gwts into the tank when fuel bunks have a low frequency of usage. On petrol engines it is not a big problem to have some water in the tank. However, on modern Diesel engines this is a different story. As water is heavier than Diesel, it will be likely to be some water going into the engine when present in the tank. As Diesel is an oil it does lubricate the injectors. Water that pushes the Diesel out will be detrimental for the injectors and will destroy them in a short space of time.
Back to top Go down

fuel tank draining
Page 1 of 1