performance automotive in india
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only site dedicated to improving performance in Indian cars

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why this Heavy ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
multijet

Why this Heavy ? Empty
PostSubject: Why this Heavy ?   Why this Heavy ? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Why is my Punto made this heavy and Suzuki Swift is 200kg Lighter.

Why is More powerful Toyota Fortuner 200 kg lighter than 2012 make smaller and less powerfull Tata safari
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

Why this Heavy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why this Heavy ?   Why this Heavy ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:57 pm

In the case of the Punto it is down to the bean counters who want to build the car as cheap as possible. Using better steel makes the car lighter. Despite the fact that less material can be used it is more expensive than using more of the cheaper materials.

Suzuki has got a bit a different philosophy than Fiat.

Toyota builds their cars as cheap as possible too, often skimping on safety. Tata is being more crude and just stronger.
Back to top Go down
multijet

Why this Heavy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why this Heavy ?   Why this Heavy ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:27 pm

with this much I understand the disadvantages. But I wonder what could be the advantages if any for a consumer?

What are the major design philosophy difference between viz. Italian,japanese and Indian manufacturers?

I feel like Japanese philosophy is converting us human being to live a robotic life.where as west has been and is creative .India being centre of all is turning toward west or utterly confused?
Back to top Go down
Nano fan

Why this Heavy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why this Heavy ?   Why this Heavy ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 pm

First of all manufacturers have profits in mind that the share holders demand. How to make the profits is up to the manufacturer, which depends on the market geographically as much as segment and consumer group wise.

Car manufacturers in principle do not car about reliability, customer care, quality, fuel consumption, safety, environment or practicality. Their aim is to sell and make profit.

From there they only adapt their products to make them appealing to the respective consumer group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why this Heavy ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why this Heavy ?   Why this Heavy ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why this Heavy ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
performance automotive in india :: Non make specific topics :: General technical-
Jump to: